Twenty-five years from now, John Cena will be retiring from the WWE

Twenty-five years from now, John Cena will be retiring from the WWE


John Cena's days in the ring are quickly coming to an end. During the promotion's "Money in the Bank" event in Toronto on Saturday, the legendary figure in pro wrestling unexpectedly revealed that he was leaving WWE.

"It is going to be my last Royal Rumble, 2025. It's going to be my last elimination chamber–2025. In a video the WWE shared on social media, Cena addressed the live audience and declared, "And I'm here today to announce that in Las Vegas, Wrestlemania 2025 will be the last Wrestlemania I perform in. "I want to say thank you."

John Cena announces his retirement during Money in the Bank at Scotiabank Arena
John Cena announces his retirement during Money in the Bank at Scotiabank Arena

"Thank you Cena!" The crowd chanted in response.

The Massachusetts native also expressed his excitement over Netflix's multi-billion dollar deal acquiring the rights to WWE Raw in January.

"Raw makes history next year when it moves to Netflix. I've never been a part of Raw on Netflix. That is history, that is a first, and I will be there," Cena said.

Cena shed more light on his retirement in a post-show press conference, assuring that he would remain a part of the WWE even though his career as a performer was coming to an end — and promising "a long list of dates" between January and September.

"People claim to be leaving, yet two years later, they return. I'm done, and I want to clear the air right now. Cena declared during the news conference, "This is it." "If you ever wanted to be a part of this one last time, we're going to do it as big as we can and we're fighting everybody and we hope you come enjoy the fun."

When asked what he thought of Vince McMahon, the former CEO and founder of the WWE, who resigned in January over accusations of sexual assault, Cena said the WWE was "in good hands" under parent company TKO Group Holdings.

In an interview with Howard Stern in February, Cena said that he was a big advocate of accountability, but would remain a support system for McMahon for now.


"I've openly said, I love the guy, I have a great relationship with the guy, and that's that," Cena said to Stern.

During his nearly 20 years in the WWE, the 47-year-old defeated competitors like Triple H, Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, and Kurt Angle to win 16 world titles.

Aside from the ring, Cena has starred in a number of films and television series and produced a studio rap album in 2005. His appearances in the ring decreased as his acting career took off, landing him leading parts in films including "Bumblebee," "F9: The Fast Saga," and "The Suicide Squad." 

"Many came before me, and many more will come after." Before that chapter ends, I suppose all I have left to do is say my thanks," Cena remarked.

Share on Google Plus

About Ravi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment